Welcome to my blog for the production of a music video on the track 'Insomnia' by the iconic Faithless

Track Choice: Faithless- Insomnia

Thursday 20 February 2014

Digipak Editing Tools

Adobe Photoshop
I used Adobe Photoshop Elements software on the Mac computers to edit out digipak as it was the best software suited to the needs of our digipak, as in this software were a variety of tools that were fundamental in helping me complete my digipak, for example:

Crop Tool:
Crop tool
This tool help me to extract the part of an image that i needed and to remove the parts that i didn't, as after I'd selected the part i needed it was easy to delete the unwanted parts with this tool.
Filter tools







Filter Tools:
These filter tools were good to add effects to our images so that they'd look better with certain effects, for example i used the artistic effect on most of my images as it worked more effectively with the theme of the digipak.

Effect Tools:
Effects tool
The effects tool also was usually in using a variety of colours which is what i needed for the inner panels of my digipak as i made it unique in that it had such a variety of colours and effects

Layers tool
Layers Tool:
This tool was also fundamental in creating my digipak as it meant i could have a variety of images in one place but all positioned differently, which was helpful when i imported new images to my digipak file and wanted to layer this image under or over the top of another image.
Magic tool

Magic Tool:
With this tool i could remove all the waste from an image much more efficiently than using the eraser tool, and it was much more accurate in pulling out the actual image that you needed from it's background.

Text tool

Text Tool:
This was probably the most important of the tools i worked with as my digipak relied on the text to be right, therefore with this tool i could choose from a variety of font sizes, styles and thicknesses so that I'd find the correct one that links and flows well with the theme of my artist and the digipak itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment